Top 5 Reasons To See A Chiropractor
More than 35 million Americans visit chiropractors every year. Most people think of a chiropractor for pain relief and spinal adjustments. Those certainly are key reasons to seek chiropractic care, but chiropractic care can benefit your health and the quality of your life in many more ways.
Here are top 5 reasons to see a Chiropractor!
1) TREAT ROOT CAUSE OF PAIN: The essence of chiropractic care is that treatment focuses on the root cause of the problem, not just the symptoms. A chiropractor’s goal is to determine where and why pain, inflammation and muscle tension may be occurring, then build an effective treatment plan. For those with long term conditions or chronic pain, chiropractic care can be very effective by using the latest technology and chiropractic treatments.
2) AUTO ACCIDENT INJURY OR WHIPLASH: Many auto accidents cause whiplash, spinal injuries, and soft tissue injuries. Rapid movements from accidents can injure the vertebrate, neck and back muscles, shoulders, limbs, head and the brain. Chiropractic care can effectively provide a thorough analysis, diagnosis and treatment of auto accident injuries with a full range of services for pain relief and physical therapy rehabilitation.
3) REDUCE STRESS: Stress prevents our nervous system and our brain from communicating properly, and keeps our body from functioning normally. The nervous system is in control of pain signals sent from different parts of the body to the brain. This can cause mental and physical stress over the entire body. A balanced body will create less tension and stress. So, when the spine is not correctly aligned, your whole body can feel the effect. A well adjusted body enables you to manage stress better.
4) IMPROVE SLEEP: Many people do not sleep well due to pain, stress, and overall body aches. When there is stress or pressure on your spine, your body can’t reach the level of deep sleep you need. Proper spine alignment leads to decreased pain and stress while in bed. Chiropractic adjustments can release pressure on your nerves and help restore the harmony throughout your body. Sleep is improved over time and so is your overall health and wellness.
5) BOOST IMMUNE SYSTEM: The main purpose of our immune system is to protect and fight against infections from entering our body. But sometimes there are issues that cause the immune system to not work properly such as autoimmune disorders, allergies or illness. The immune system and the nervous system work together to adapt and heal your body. Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to boost the coordinated responses of the nervous system and immune system. So when your spine is properly aligned and the nervous system is working correctly,” it can help prevent illness or speed up recovery. Dr. Brian recommends getting an adjustment at the first sign that you are coming down with something like a cold or the flu. Many patients call and cancel their scheduled appointments due to “now feeling well”. That is when you need an adjustment the most. Being adjusted at this time allows your nervous system to function optimally and help you fight off what ever illness is trying to take a hold of you. There is no need to apologize for coming in sick and exposing Dr. and staff to your illness. We get our adjustments regularly and take precautions and supplements to boost our immunity. The saying “what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger is true!
Vanderbilt Family Chiropractic is committed to helping you live a healthy and pain-free life.